[Video] Doklam standoff: China's Xinhua agency accuses India of seven sins, releases racist video
A Chinese state-run news agency on Wednesday released a video mocking India on its Doklam stand in what could be the latest flashpoint amid escalating tensions between Beijing and New Delhi.
Xinhua, the Chinese government's most important news agency that is controlled by the country's cabinet, the State Council, released a video on Twitter on August 16, mocking India on the Doklam standoff.
The video in English is titled the "7 Sins of India: It's time for India to confess its seven sins" and runs a little more than three minutes.
It showed a Chinese male speaking in an Indian accent, sporting a turban and fake facial hair in an apparent representation of a Sikh man.
ALSO READ: Govt asks 21 phone makers, mostly Chinese, to share security info
The video is a follow-up of a commentary titled "Indian military's seven 'sins' in trespassing into Chinese territory" that Xinhua issued last week.
"Nobody is blaming me because I am asleep," the "Indian" in the video says, apparently to signify that in reality everyone is blaming India for the standoff.
The seven "biblical" sins that India seemed to have committed, according to the video, are: trespassing, violating a bilateral convention, trampling international law, confusing right and wrong, putting the blame on the victim, hijacking a small neighbour and sticking to a mistake knowingly.
"China has realised it is impossible to awaken a guy who is pretending to asleep," the woman hosting the video says.
The video called Prime Minister Narendra Modi's administration "asleep," "thick-skinned" and compared New Delhi's actions in the border area to "a robber who had just broken into your house and refused to leave."
The video repeats the statement the Chinese government has demanded all along, that India unconditionally withdraw its troops from Doklam. The video also reiterated their unsubstantiated claim that Bhutan has told China that Doklam is Chinese territory.
The standoff at Doklam, which is under Beijing's control but is claimed by Thimphu, began on June 16 after Indian troops acted in coordination with Bhutanese authorities to block the construction of a road by Chinese forces.