Global Markets: Nasdaq at skies for the 5th consecutive session, SGX Nifty mild at opening
The indices in US closed higher as Nasdaq continues the high streak with closing at record highs yet again and closing positive for the 5th day in a row. Asian markets open mixed with SGX Nifty opening with marginal gains on Wednesday.
Highlights as on Wednesday Morning:
- Nasdaq touched 10941.17 at close gaining 38 points or 0.3%.
- Dow jones jumped 164 points to close at 26,828.47 up by 0.62%.
- S&P 500 closed higher by 11 points at 3,306.51 or up by 0.36%.
- Gold Futures created history to close above $2000/OZ on Wednesday.
- WTI closes at highest level since the month of July.
- SGX Nifty opened green up by 26.50 points or 0.24% at 11098.50.
- Asian markets trade mix at opening.
- Nikkei opened lower by 90 points at 22479.72.
- Hang Seng opened above 25000 at 25029.34, Later slipping down to 24868.49.
- US 10 year treasury yield falls 4.8 bps also books lowest level since march 9.
- Indian Market might open a bit lower as SGX at 11,080 vs Nifty Fut at 11,102.
The post Global Markets: Nasdaq at skies for the 5th consecutive session, SGX Nifty mild at opening appeared first on Business Upturn.