Market Closing: The benchmark indices close with gains, Sensex up by over 370 points
OnThursday the indices showed good and positive figures led by IT and Bank stocks in the trading session. At market closing, Sensex was at 36430 up by 378 points or 1.05%, Nifty was trading at 10728 up by 110 points or 1.04%.
IT and Bank stocks led a strong support to the indices on Thursday with Infosys surging over 10% in the early trade and Nifty Bank over 200 points.
Highlights as of 16th July:
- Stock markets see a positive recovery from last couple of trading sessions on Thursday.
- Nifty Bank in the last hour of trading was up by over 200 points while trading red in the early morning session.
- Infosys, Cipla, Britannia among the top gainers on the Nifty side.
- Infosys surged over 10% after Q1 results with the day’s high at 955.50
- Bharti Infratel, ITC, Tech Mahindra among the top losers of Nifty.
- Bharti airtel dipped over 7% with the day’s low at 188.80.
- Pharma Stocks on the gainers side on Thursday, Cipla gains nearly 6%.
- Nifty Bank at closing, 21551.70 up by 210 points or 0.99%.
The post Market Closing: The benchmark indices close with gains, Sensex up by over 370 points appeared first on Business Upturn.