#TodayDeals: SmartQ Acquires Goodbox's Cafeteria Business, LenDenClub Gets RBI Nod for NBFC-P2P & More
Below is a list of deals that happened in Indian Startup Ecosystem today (20th July 2018). Read a brief description about all of them:
1. YourNest Angel Fund-backed SmartQ, a food-tech startup, has acquired Nexus Venture Partners-backed Goodbox's cafeteria business for an undisclosed sum.
2. LenDenClub, an online peer-to-peer lending marketplace for salaried borrowers, has received Reserve Bank of India nod to commence operations as an NBFC-P2P.
3. Bengaluru-based Steradian Semiconductors Pvt. Ltd, a deep-tech startup that is developing high-performance sensors for autonomous vehicles, has raised its first round of institutional funding, reported VCCircle.
4. Koinex, Indian digital assets exchange, has launched their peer-to-peer trading platform, Loop, for the Indian investors.
5. Aeris, a technology leader in the Internet of Things (IoT), has collaborated with Malaviya Centre for Incubation, Innovation and Entrepreneurship (MCIIE) and Indian Institute of Technology (BHU), Varanasi to establish a state-of-the-art 'Internet of Things - Centre of Excellence' (CoE) in the IIT BHU campus, to develop workers' skills, accelerate innovation and increase entrepreneurship in emerging technologies like IoT.
6. Riteish & Genelia Deshmukh invest in Homeopathy startup Welcomecure.com
7. Singapore-based Temasek Holdings Pvt Ltd has bought shares worth at least $30 million from former and early employees of cab-hailing service Ola (ANI Technologies Pvt Ltd), as part of a secondary share sale, reported LiveMint.
8. Gurugram-based bike taxi startup Baxi has raised an undisclosed amount of fresh funding from multiple investors, reported VCCircle.
9. The Viral Fever (TVF), an over-the-top (OTT) platform which creates original video content, has raised an additional $6 million (around Rs 41 crore at current exchange rates) from existing investor Tiger Global, reported VCCircle.
10. Mumbai based technology and data science company PaySense has raised $18 million in its series B round of funding led by PayU, with participation from existing investors Jungle Ventures and Nexus Venture Partners.
11. Unibev is looking to raise Rs 100 crore to fund an expansion drive planned by the premium alcohol startup, reported ET.
12. IIT Roorkee launches TIDES Business Incubator Extension at Greater Noida
13. Wipro is buying the Indian operations of US-based Alight Solutions for $117 million as part of a broader long-term strategic partnership with the company.
14. The "two-wheeler mode" in Google Maps that first arrived in India last December has been extended to Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam.
15. ItzCash parent Ebix has acquired Pune-based Indus Software Technologies Pvt. Ltd. (Indus), a global provider of enterprise lending software solutions to financial institutions, captive auto finance and telecom companies, for approximately $29M.
16. Within 2 days (or 48 hours), the subscription-based loyalty program 'Piggybank' launched by Zomato has received 200,000 sign-ups.