Sunday, 20 Oct, 2.38 am Deccan Chronicle

Chennai: Boy on cycle holds power pole, electrocuted

Chennai: Even as the death of 23-year-old Subhashri continues to haunt Chennaiites, the news of another life being lost to the banner menace in the state has come to light. A 13-year-old boy, the only son to his parents died after being electrocuted by an advertisement-hoarding of a bank in Cuddalore district on Saturday.

According to sources, Dinesh, a class nine student, visited a Primary Health Centre at Ambalavananpettai as he was running a fever and was on his way back home. He was reportedly riding home on a bicycle when he tried to move out of the way of a vehicle coming in the opposite direction.

He lost his balance and touched the pole of the hoarding for support, which was conducting electricity due to a disconnected wire from the bulb for the banner.

Further, the boy was not wearing slippers and the ground below was wet due to the rain.

He was electrocuted. He fell unconscious and was rushed to the hospital. He reportedly died on the way to the hospital.

Following this, the boy's parents lodged a complaint with the police. An FIR has been filed under Section 304A (Causing death by negligence) of the Indian Penal Code against the bank manager and the Tamil Nadu Electricity Board officials responsible for the disconnected wire on the pole. No arrests have been made yet.

Disclaimer: This story is auto-aggregated by a computer program and has not been created or edited by Dailyhunt. Publisher: Deccan Chronicle
// // // // $find_pos = strpos(SERVER_PROTOCOL, "https"); $comUrlSeg = ($find_pos !== false ? "s" : ""); ?>