Wednesday, 15 May, 6.01 am Deccan Herald

Top Karnataka Stories
Bomb alert turns out to be hoax, security beefed up

Situation was tense for a while after a bomb alert raised by a man in an inebriated state on Tuesday morning.

Following the incident, high alert was sounded at the Mysuru Palace. Gangadhar, who had claimed that a bomb had been planted, was later taken into police custody.

Gangadhar had cried near ticket counter that a bomb was planted in the Palace which led to commotion on the spot. The bomb disposal squad squad was summoned and a thorough screening of the Palace and its premises was conducted for over two hours. However, the alert turned out to be hoax.

The security for the Palace has been beefed up. Even visitors and tourists to the Palace were frisked before allowing them inside.

According to Devaraja Mahadevappa seems tobe mentally ill.

Deputy Director of the Palace Board T S Subramanya said that the Palace was searched following a bomb scare, but explosives were not found. The police have beefed up security.

Palace ACP Shylendra declined to confirm the scare. "There was no bomb scare. The Palace premises is regularly searched for any security lapses," he said.

DCP Muthuraj said that Gangadhar had stolen a stove in his own house and had sold it to meet his expenses.

"As his family members pleaded, he was let off after a case was registered against him," he said.

Dailyhunt
Disclaimer: This story is auto-aggregated by a computer program and has not been created or edited by Dailyhunt. Publisher: Deccan Herald
Top