Recipe of Amritsari Kulcha!
For the dough:
Refined flour- 1kg 200 gm
Pinch of salt (optional)
Canola oil- 100ml
For the filling:
1 cup chopped onion
1/2kg boiled and crushed potatoes
2tsp roasted ad crushed coriander seeds
2tsp chopped ginger
2-3 sprigs green chopped coriander
1 green chopped chilli
1Tbsp crushed anaar dana seed
Steps to follow-
- With refined flour, water and salt make a semi-firm dough. Keep this dough covered with moist cloth for 1 hour in a cool place.
2. Combine all filling ingredients, except canola oil, and gently fold together.
3. Put some oil on your fingers and palms, then make small balls from dough and flatten to stuff with filling.
4. Pack flattened dough with filling just enough to stuff and encase well.
5. With a rolling pin, flatten wedges again.
6. In a medium-hot, non-stick pan, brush the kulchas with canola oil and cook evenly on both sides.
7. Serve the kulcha with chole, coriander-mint chutney and curd.