Sugar-free Kesari Phirni
Kesari Phirni is a famous Gujarati recipe made with skimmed milk, rice, saffron, sugar free pellets and cardamom. This easy dessert is prepared on festivals and special occasions and is best served in winter, as the saffron helps in keeping the body warm. Try it.
- 2 cup skimmed milk
- 5 strand saffron
- 3 teaspoon sugar free pellets
- 3 tablespoon soaked rice
- 4 pistachios
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered green cardamom
- Boil milk and set aside. Drain and grind the rice coarsely. Soak saffron in one tablespoon of milk. Blanch pistachios, peel and cut in small pieces.
- Add rice paste to the milk and cook stirring continuously. Add sugar-free and mix. Add green cardamom powder, saffron milk and mix. When the mixture starts thickening take it off the heat.
- Garnish with pistachio and refrigerate to chill. Serve chilled.