8th EV Expo 2018 Concludes Successfully
Big Investments, New Vehicle Launches Witnessed at the Expo.
Electric vehicle manufacturers like Gonenka Electric Motors, Mahindra Electric, ETO Motors, Soni E-vehicle, Altius Technologies, Geekay E-Bicycles, HIM Technoforge, Thukral Electric Bikes, Champion Polyplast and others launched and showcased their latest electric vehicles at 8th EV Expo 2018.
New Delhi, 24 December 2018-' 8th EV EXPO 2018′ ,India's biggest eco-friendly Electric Vehicle Technology Expo dedicated to Electric Vehicle technology concluded successfully at Pragati Maidan yesterday. There was a lot of excitement among exhibitors and visitors at' 8th EV EXPO 2018′ , as the event witnessed a number of new launches- from advanced fast charging batteries, charging solutions and electric vehicles ranging from e-cycles to e-scooters/bikes, 3 wheelers and 4 wheelers.
The Expo witnessed a steady flow of visitors on all three days drawn by the excitement and buzz created by the variety of electric-vehicles and entire electric vehicle ecosystem displayed by around 150 national & international companies. EV EXPO 2018 brought to the Electric Vehicle industry the opportunity to launch and showcase, see and understand the latest in electric vehicles, components, battery technology, accessories and Services for convenient and environment friendly transportation of passengers and goods.
Some of the activities that created buzz at the Expo were -
- Union Road Transport & Highways Minister,Mr Nitin Gadkariinaugurated the Expo on 21st December and unveiled a number of electric-vehicles.
- 'KETO' - a Joint Venture between India's ETO Motors Pvt Ltd. and Hong Kong based KYTO Green Technologies, announced an investment of $10 million in India to manufacture Electric-autorickshaws.Mr Anant Geete, Minister of Heavy Industries unveiled electric auto manufactured by ETO motors.
- Goenka Electric Motors (GEM)showcasedelectric-busfrom Olectra BYD and a unveiled the crowd puller- a concept 3 wheeled electric all terrain bike (ATB) named 'Sniper'
- Mahindra Electricpresented their range of electric-autos and e-cars.
- Altius Technologiesunveiled technology to convert all kind of vehicles running on fossil fuels into electric-vehicles at about 15-20% cost of the new vehicle.
- Launch of smart E-bicycles model X1 & Z1 by Ludhiana basedGeeKay e-bicycles. Designed in Switzerland and made in India these manual & electrical e-bikes have a 250W motor & controller, LED Lights, key start, horn, gel batteries and covers 25-40km in one charge.
- Soni E-vehiclelaunched 3 wheeled electric tea-vending e-carts fitted with LED TV, induction as well as gas cooking.
- Showcase of small electric -Car byBosnof China. The economically priced e-car would cost around 1.25 lakh and can seat 4 passengers. This vehicle was also a crowd puller at the show.
- Champion Polyplastlaunched an upgraded version of 4 wheeled 6 seater electric campus vehicle running on 110AH lithium ion battery & latest e-auto rickshaw under their brand 'Saarthi'
- Launch of new e-vehiclesby HIM Technoforge, Thukral Electric, Speego Vehicles, Pubang ETRON, Autolite (India), AVAN Motors andTejasgreen Automotive
- Launch of latest smart e-vehicle charging solutions and batteries byCoslight India, IGR PHINIX & Okaya Power.
- A full day Conference with the theme' Electric Vehicles- Sustainable Transformation of Indian Mobility'was also held during the on 22nd December. The conference was inaugurated byShri Babul Supriyo,Minister of State for Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises
Expressing happiness at the successful conclusion, Mr Rajiv Arora, Organiser, 8th Ev Expo, 2018said'This edition was around 40% bigger than our last show at same venue in 2017. Many announcements for big investments into e-vehicle industry were made and MOUs/JVs signed during the Expo For example a JV between India's ETO motors and Hong Kong's KYTO Green Technologies. Around 15,000 visitors attended the Expo over three days and all the exhibitors were busy throughout the event. This shows that the awareness and interest in pollution free electric -vehicle technology along with the buzz created by latest e-vehicles and products on offer by 150 national and international companies at the Expo. In addition to repeat exhibitors, there were 40% new exhibitors this year. We look forward to our next edition at Lucknow from 24-26th May 2019'
EVEXPO 2018 is supported by Ministry of Road Transport & Highways, Govt. of India, MSME, ICAT (International Centre for Automotive Technology), NSIC & PMKVY (Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojna)
Mr Anuj Sharma, Chairman E-rickshaw Committee, Ministry of Road Transport and Highways , Govt. of Indiasaid'We launched specially designed electric -Tea/food vending carts to give shape to the vision of a young entrepreneur who plans to introduce around 100 of these e-carts across Delhi-NCR to give employment to around 200 jobless youth. This initiative is supported by Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojna and PMKVY (Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana).This gives an eco friendly option to vendors who are manually pulling carts to take advantage of these electric powered, pollution-free, comfortable and compact e-carts with gas burner as well as induction cooking and 32 inch LED TV for customers. The response received at the Expo was overwhelming'
More than 150 + Indian & International E-Vehicle companies showcased theirtechnologically advanced, pollution free 2,3,& 4 wheeled e-vehicles like E-Rickshaws, E-Carts, E-bikes, E-scooters, E-bicycles, E-Loaders as well as 4 wheeled e-car & e-buses atEV-EXPO 2018. Latest Lithium ion batteries, charging solutions and vehicle accessories were showcased at the Expo.
Some of the prominent Indian companies that exhibited their products were Mahindra Electric Mobiility Ltd., Goenka Electric Motor Vehicles, SU Automotive,AUTOLITE (INDIA) LIMITED, Champion Polyplast, GeeKay E-Bicycles, Him Technoforge, Greenfuel Energy Solutions, AVAN Motors, Pastiche Energy Solutions, Okaya Power pvt. Ltd., Fujiyama Power Systems, Altius Techonologies and Soni e-vehicles Pvt. Ltd., etc.
China had the highest number of foreign Exhibitors with around 35 Chinese companies showcasing their E-Vehicle products. Prominent ones were PUBANG ETRON ELECTRIC MOTOR PVT LTD, ZHEJIANG NARADA POWER SOURCE CO. LTD. , CY International,Jiangsu Jintaibao Machinery Manufacturing Co. Ltd., etc