Alia Bhatt starrer Kapoor & Sons is a family-drama movie helmed by Shakun Batra. The film deals with the story of two estranged brothers (Sidharth Malhotra and Fawad Khan) who return to their dysfunctional family after their grandfather (Rishi Kapoor) suffers a cardiac arrest. The film released in the year 2016 and received mixed reviews from fans and critics alike. The film reportedly earned ₹152 crores worldwide. In the movie, Alia Bhatt portrays the role of Tia Malik, a happy-go-lucky girl, who lost her parents in an accident. Keep reading:
Alia Bhatt Starrer 'Gangubai Kathiawadi's' Shooting Pushed To July-end? Read Updates
Alia Bhatt starrer Kapoor & Sons trivia
- Kapoor & Sons was the second film where Fawad Khan and Ratna Phatak played the role of a son and mother. Earlier, they featured in the movie Khoobsurat, which marked the debut of Fawad Khan in Bollywood.
- Reportedly, Kesari actor Akshay Kumar was first offered Fawad Khan's role, but he declined due to not liking the character.
- Many say that Saif Ali Khan was also offered Fawad Khan's role, but he also declined due to a busy schedule.
- Late Rishi Kapoor played an 80-year-old for the first time using prosthetic makeup and won several awards.
Alia Bhatt Loves Clicking Pictures Amid Nature, Her Instagram Pictures Are Proof
- The end credit song title "Let's Nacho" is an adaption of the song "Tamil Fever" by Nucleya and Benny Dayal. The song also has a small verse of the Tamil lyrics, while Badshah sings the rest of the song. In the film, the original song can be heard playing in the background.
- Kapoor & Sons garnered five Filmfare awards and was nominated for the Best Film category.
- Reportedly, Siddharth Malhotra and Fawad Khan often had conversations about the diversity of places and cultures of India and Pakistan while shooting. Fawad visited many locations while shooting in India, but Sidharth has never been to Pakistan for the shoot.
What's Next For Alia Bhatt?