Dailyhunt
Brighton Sea Incident: 3 Women Found Dead Near Madeira Drive as Sussex Police Launch Urgent Investigation Into Early Morning Tragedy

Brighton Sea Incident: 3 Women Found Dead Near Madeira Drive as Sussex Police Launch Urgent Investigation Into Early Morning Tragedy

Brighton Sea Incident: Police and emergency services launched a large-scale operation on the Brighton seafront after the bodies of three women were recovered from the sea near Madeira Drive early Wednesday morning.

Sussex Police confirmed that officers responded to reports concerning the welfare of three women in the water at around 5:45 am.

Authorities have now started what officials described as "fast-moving" investigations to identify the women and determine exactly what happened.

Brighton Sea Incident: Emergency Services Responded Before Sunrise Near Madeira Drive

Emergency teams, including coastguard and lifeboat crews, rushed to the Brighton coastline after receiving distress-related reports from the area near Madeira Drive. The Royal National Lifeboat Institution said both the Brighton lifeboat and Shoreham all-weather lifeboat were deployed shortly after 6 am.

Rescue operations continued for several hours before the teams were eventually stood down after the recovery process ended.

Brighton Sea Incident: Sussex Police Begin Rapid Investigation Into Incident

Police officials confirmed that investigators are working urgently to establish the identities of the three women and reconstruct the sequence of events leading up to the tragedy. Chief Superintendent Adam Hays addressed the public following the incident and acknowledged the concern the case may cause in the local community.

He said, "while the incident will be “concerning for the community… I would ask the public to stay away from the scene at this time while emergency services continue their work”."

Authorities have not yet confirmed whether the deaths are being treated as suspicious.

Media Briefing Expected as Police Continue Coastal Investigation

Sussex Police are expected to provide further updates during a scheduled media briefing later in the day. Investigators continue to secure the area near Madeira Drive while forensic and emergency teams remain active at the scene.

Police have urged residents and visitors to avoid the immediate area as enquiries continue.

Brighton Sea Incident: Brighton Community Awaits Answers After Shock Discovery

The discovery of the three bodies has shocked residents in Brighton and surrounding coastal communities. Officials are expected to release more information after formal identification procedures and preliminary investigations are completed.

Emergency authorities have not disclosed the ages or identities of the women so far.

Dailyhunt
Disclaimer: This content has not been generated, created or edited by Dailyhunt. Publisher: The Sunday Guardian